We build only Energy Efficient homes because it matters. Let’s face it, older homes
have inefficiencies that waste money through inadequate heating and cooling systems, poor insulation, electricity gobbling appliances and drafty windows. If you’re going to buy a new home, doesn't it
make sense to invest in a home with higher standards to help you live better?
If you’re in the market for a new home, here’s a handful of reasons why you should consider purchasing a home that is Energy Efficient.
1. Energy Efficient homes are a better insulated home. Without adequate attic insulation, as much as 20% of every
dollar spent on home heating goes right through the roof. When you buy an Energy Efficient home you're sure that as many drafty cracks as can be found are sealed. Spaces between windows and
insulated walls are filled with air stopping foam to prevent drafts and heat loss and each wall and ceiling cavity is filled with more insulation to offset costly heating and cooling bills.
Every home we build comes with R-38 Attic Insulation and R-15 Wall Insulation, both of which are above and beyond Industry standards.
2. Each Pinnacle Home is constructed using high quality windows & doors that help keep heat in during the winter and out during
the summer. Our windows use protective coatings called Low E glass and our windows are filled with an argon gas to insure the highest efficiency and to block harmful UV rays from entering your home.
Our homes use windows that consistently surpass local codes.
3. Did you know that HVAC ducts and poorly sealed building envelopes can result in both higher utility bills and poor indoor air
quality? The same cracks and unsealed ducts that let your money flow out also let in drafts, moisture, pollens, dusts and exterior noise. Our homes are tested to insure they exceed the required
perimeters to help reduce utility costs and maintenance.
4. We build using only High Efficiency HVAC systems. Not only do they cost less to operate, a properly sized and high quality
HVAC system operates quieter, reduces indoor humidity and makes your home generally a more comfortable place to live. And when the right sized equipment is installed into a well-built home the
systems don’t have to work as hard to heat and cool your home.
5. We are always looking for ways to improve, so when we found out that Geothermal heating/cooling was up to 500% more
efficient than fossil fuel and that it could save our homeowners up to 70% on their heating and cooling bills; that got our attention. So much so that we started including Geothermal standard –yes,
standard in a few of our neighborhoods. Geothermal not only cuts down on your monthly bills, but it also emits no hazardous fumes, is quiet as a mouse and allows our homeowners to be eligible for tax
6. Quality products help bring it all together! Not only is our construction crafted to a higher standard, but the
products that finish our homes help make the most of everyday life. From certified lighting fixtures and LED recessed lights to air exchanging ventilation fans and Energy Star rated appliances, a
Pinnacle Home helps you live better everyday.
7. Radon Reduction Systems in every home we build. Pinnacle Homes is proud to be the first and only builder in Cape
Girardeau County to install a Radon Reduction System in every home we build. Radon is a cancer-causing radioactive gas. You cannot see, smell or taste radon, but it may be a problem in your
home. The Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. If you smoke and your home has high radon levels, you're at high risk for
developing lung cancer. Some scientific studies of radon exposure indicate that children may be more sensitive to radon. This may be due to their higher respiration rate and their rapidly dividing
cells, which may be more vulnerable to radiation damage.
And after you’ve learned more our Energy Efficient homes, why would you consider buying a home from a builder that won't make this